To flip or switch the camera on a Surface Pro or any Windows device, you typically need to use the camera app or the settings within a specific application that is using the camera. Here are the general steps to flip the camera on a Surface Pro:
How to Flip the Camera on a Surface Pro Using the Camera App?
Flipping the camera on a Surface Pro using the Camera app is a straightforward process. You can easily switch between the front and rear cameras for taking photos or videos. Here are the steps to do it:
- Open the Camera App:
- Tap or click the “Camera” app icon in your Start menu or on your taskbar to launch the Camera app.
- Access Camera Options:
- Once the Camera app is open, you’ll see the camera view. Look for an icon or an option to switch between the front and rear cameras. This icon typically looks like a camera with two circular arrows or says “Switch” or “Flip.” It’s often located in the upper-right or upper-left corner of the camera preview.
- Flip the Camera:
- Click or tap the switch/flip icon to toggle between the front and rear cameras. When you do this, the viewfinder will switch to the selected camera, allowing you to take pictures or record videos using that camera.
- Take Photos or Record Videos:
- After you’ve flipped the camera to your desired choice (front or rear), you can use the Camera app to take photos or record videos by clicking the camera shutter button or the video recording button, respectively.
- Review and Save:
- After taking photos or recording videos, you can review them by clicking on the thumbnail or swiping to the left to access your camera roll. From there, you can save or share your media.
That’s it! You’ve successfully flipped the camera on your Surface Pro using the Camera app. This process should work for most Surface Pro models running Windows 10 or Windows 11, but the exact appearance and location of the camera flip icon may vary slightly depending on the version of the Camera app and the Windows operating system you are using.
How to Flip the Camera on a Surface Pro in Other Apps?
Flipping the camera in other apps on a Surface Pro, such as video conferencing or messaging apps, is typically done within the settings or controls of those specific applications. The process may vary from one app to another, but I’ll provide a general guide on how to access the camera flip feature in most common apps:
- Open the App:
- Launch the app in which you want to flip the camera. Common apps include Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, or any app that uses the camera.
- Access Camera Settings:
- Once you are in the app and the camera is active, look for an option to access camera settings or controls. This is typically an icon or menu that allows you to adjust camera-related settings.
- Find the Camera Flip Option:
- Within the camera settings or controls, look for an option to switch between the front and rear cameras. This option is often represented by an icon with two circular arrows, the words “Switch Camera,” or something similar.
- Flip the Camera:
- Click or tap the camera flip option to switch between the front and rear cameras. This action will toggle the active camera.
- Use the Flipped Camera:
- Once you’ve flipped the camera, you can use it to participate in video calls, take photos, or record videos within the app. The app will now use the camera you selected.
- Save or Apply Changes:
- In some apps, changes to the camera settings take effect immediately, while in others, you may need to confirm or save your selection. Follow any on-screen prompts or instructions as needed.
Please note that the location and appearance of camera settings can vary depending on the specific app you are using. If you have trouble finding the camera flip option, consult the app’s help documentation or support resources for guidance on how to change camera settings.
How to Change the Default Camera on a Surface Pro?
On a Surface Pro or any Windows laptop or desktop, you can change the default camera by modifying the camera settings in the Windows operating system. Here’s how you can do it:
- Access Windows Settings:
- Click on the “Start” button (Windows icon) in the taskbar or press the “Windows” key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Click on the gear-shaped icon labeled “Settings” to open the Windows Settings app.
- Navigate to the Camera Settings:
- In the Windows Settings app, click on “Devices.”
- Choose the Camera:
- In the left sidebar, click on “Camera.”
- Change the Default Camera:
- In the “Camera” settings, you will see a section that lists the available cameras on your device.
- Under “Choose which apps can access your camera,” you will typically see a list of installed apps. Each app has a dropdown menu that allows you to select which camera it should use.
- Find the app for which you want to change the default camera and select the camera you want that app to use from the dropdown menu. This will set the selected camera as the default for that app.
- Test the Default Camera:
- Open the app for which you changed the camera setting and verify that it now uses the camera you selected as the default.
- Repeat for Other Apps (if needed):
- If you want to change the default camera for multiple apps, repeat the above steps for each app.
- Close Windows Settings:
- Once you have made the necessary changes, you can close the Windows Settings app.
By following these steps, you can change the default camera for individual apps on your Surface Pro or any Windows device. Keep in mind that the specific settings and options may vary slightly depending on the version of Windows you are using, but the process is generally similar across different Windows versions.